Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-routing incoming external mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotamb

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
GB
Hi all,

Is there a program or script which will allow me to rename incoming external e-mail addresses e.g.

anonymous@scan.somewhere.co.uk
to
anonymous@somewhere.co.uk

At the moment I am getting my external e-mail scanned by an external company and the e-mail comes back with the 'scan' part of the address appended to it. This had previously been done by our ISP who are no longer carrying out this function.

What I want to do is change the incoming e-mail address to remove the 'scan' part before it is handled by the Exchange Server.

Any help appreciated.

S.

Hi,

Have you contacted that 'external company' who does your scanning about this problem?

Peping

It would be easiest to have the external company make the change. If this is not possible, you could write an SMTP transport event sink to do the job.

Do you guys even read the posts?

"This had previously been done by our ISP who are no longer carrying out this function"

Thanks for the SMTP transport event sink tip though, will look into that.

Managed to get a workaround anyway by adding a second smtp e-mail address to all users through AD reflecting the @scan.somewhere.co.uk. Seems to work.

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back