Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

re-route DIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomaster

Technical User
Nov 2, 2008
CA
In the event of a strike I may have to route about 500 DID numbers to supervisor/manager sets. I was thinking 1/ create dummy acds for all DIDs and ncfw them but if call isn't answered then callpilot will answer in original called mailbox. 2/ change each vmailbox and tell callers to press "0" for immediate assistance but if not answered then caller goes back to original called DID mailbox. 3/ in IDC change IDGT DID to supervisor Number.

I like option 3 because less work to set up and restore later and was wondering what the limitations are - can I create 500 IDGT entries for IDC 0?

Another option might be to set up a Call Answering greeting in the CallPilot (if you are using) to have a message explaining the situation and to call xxx-xxx-xxxx. That way the greeting will play first (before the person's vm greeting). Just a thought.

i might look at rdr data then disable the stations.. would be easy to toggle..

maxp 1 acd's work but your dn (did) has to be vacant.. so modify 500 stations, then build 500 acd's the reverse when the strike ends.. idc (ld 49) is faster but it also requires 500 lines.. disable 50 cards then enable a dozen phones... send calls to the att..

you could use rcfw but that would take forever.. might just as well out your dids and make them all auto term to a number.. BUT 500 calls to any number, including mail would lock your mail and trunks up..

you can add 500 vsdn's, ponit that to an announcement service with transfer to any att number.. you would only need one announcement service.. just a lot of ports on mail.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back