Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

re-route call after 10 seconds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beenay25

Technical User
Apr 23, 2009
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to write a script that will route a call to a handset, but reroute the call after a fixed period of time.

The problem is that I won't know how long the caller has been on the line at the point this script is executed.

So I've elected to try assigning "AGE OF CALL" to a variable (finish_time) and then adding 10 seconds to it. Then comparing "finish_time" to AGE OF CALL.

This is what I have so far (finish_time is defined as seconds)

ASSIGN (AGE OF CALL + 10) to finish_time

ROUTE CALL 130 CONTROLLED

IF AGE OF CALL > finish_time THEN
ROUTE CALL 206 CONTROLLED
END IF

The script validates... but doesn't ever fall over to ext 206.

Any ideas?

If you use the "Controlled" option, it will pull the call back if an error occurs -- like a invalid number, or busy destination. So if it is just ringing, the system won't pull it back.

Don't suppose you know of another way to route a call to an extension for a finite amount of time?

Symposium does not controll the handsets so you cannot use the script for this. Make a huntgroup for the handsets and route the call to the huntgroup, or make the handsets ACD-sets and let symposium controll them.

Carolien is right the script does not control handsets. The way you have the script written is the the call will route to 130 and that's all it will do. Once a ROUTE CALL command is executed the script terminates at that point, the age of call intrinsic will never be executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back