Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re:Remotely Connecting to Citrix Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi1024

Programmer
Dec 20, 2003
US
Hi,
We have a Citrix Metaframe for Windows 2000 server installed at our company.The remote users who use DIAL UP are able to connect to the Citrix server , but when I trying to connect to the Citrix Server (broadband connection -cable modem) I get the error "THERE IS NO CITRIX SERVER CONFIGURED AT THIS IP ADDRESS".I have the same external IP address as they do.

Any help/suggestions.....

Thanks,
Abhishek

Have you tried changing the 'Connection type' or 'Network protocol' on the properties of the ICA connection?

I would ask the same thing. I have a few users that connect from home. The only time we've gotten that error is in loss of connectivity all together.

Make sure you've chosen "local arean network" as the connection type and "tcp/ip" as your protocol

When the users use dial up are they connecting to the company servers or an ISP? Your broadband connection is probably an ISP. As a result, you may not have the same source address prefix for an IP address. If they are connecting to the company, they are receiving an IP address from the company and may have access to something you don't.

Depending on your version of MetaFrame, If it's 1.8, add HTTPS and TCP/IP, if it's MetaFrame XP (not to be confused with Windows XP), you may have SSL working with the Citrix NFUSE plugins. If so, use your browser or configure Citrix Client to use TCP/IP + HTTPS.

the NFUSE client allows publicized applications on port 1494, but redirects all traffic over 443. Allows HTTPS support for simplifying

Sounds like ICA client, not NFUSE though.....

Ramdom Thoughts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back