Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-register TransTalk 9030/9031

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdaugirdas

Technical User
Mar 17, 2003
US
Help! Does anyone out there know how to match a 9030/9031 handset with an orphan radio module? Is it done through the handset? How do you get in to the "maintenance" menu on the handset? Is it done via a 355AF hook-up t the radio module? I don't see any removable/programmable EPROM chips in the radio module. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks...Tom

Is it a single radio module, or a dual radio module?? I forgot which model numbers are which. To sync a handset with it's radio module, you go on the handset to menu, then set up, slect the zone, and then select register. It's something like that. I never use them anymore because of all there problems. I think those were the steps if someone on here could verify it. If it's dual radio module, you'll have to hold down the tiny button on the bottom of the module to select which handset you're syncing.

KILLBOX

Killbox: Thanks for the reply. What you describe works for the newer 9040 phone, but not the 9030/9031 type. The 9031 I have has a single orphan radio module, type 556A1. I know that refurbuish shops reregister these phones all the time - but I have no clue how they do it. There also has to be a "maintenance" series of menus in the handset itself, but I have no idea how to access them. I hope someone out there knows and can tell me. If the answer is too sensitive to post - please email me at "tomd@stcg.com". Thanks...Tom

I'm wondering the same thing, I have an orphan radio module from a 9031, and 9000.

As far Menus for the 9031, Here it is.
Make sure handset is turned off! Then Push & hold "select" for 3 seconds. While still holding "select", press "on/off" Then Push "9"
Next You can Push "x" for the following options.
"1" signal strength
"2" Voice quality
"3" matching radio module & slot #
"5" handset power settings
"#" enter local test mode

When done, Push "on/off" to exit

PS. Wanted cheap ETR016 Module, bad ports ok, only 5 ports have to work!

Thanks AndrePa - but I believe that is the standard 9030P/9031 menu. I was thinking maybe there is a "secret" maintenance menu - that may even get to the re-registration process that must exist. There is a reason that the refurbishers need both the handset and radio module to perform a re-registration. You can't just give them the handset ID#. Someone out there has to know something about the re-registration process - PLEASE respond. Thanks Again...Tom If someone knows a reasonably priced refurbisher that would re-register my orphans - I guess that would help too - but I would really like to know how to do it myself.

Hi! I have the same problem... an "orphan" radio module and a 9031 I want to rematch... anyone know how to do this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back