Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re: Redirect a direct access URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlbmcnews

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2001
GB
Hi,

Some of our clients use what we call outlogins, which contain the credentials required to log directly into our site. Bascially the scripts look like this -

<html>
<body onload="document.logon.submit()">
<form method="post" action=" name="logon">
<input type="hidden" name="Username" size="10" value="username">
<input type="hidden" name="Password" size="10" value="Password">
</form>
</body>
</html>

We have several clients that use these autologins, problem is we're not sure how many and who. We're changing our domain name and need to redirect our clients to the new site using the above, this needs to be seamless so the client doesn't notice that its changed. I need a solution where I can do this from the server when they use the link above, any ideas?

I would have thought that you could do some sort of server-side solution to pass through their authentication details to your new page.

As to what language you write this in? Well - tell us more about your setup, and we might be able to advise you more ;o)

Hope this helps,
Dan

if you still own the current domain after you change to the new domain, then there's a solution. if this is the case, post this question in a server side scripting forum (PHP, ASP, ASP.NET) and I'll answer you there.

Hi DaZZleD,

I've posted this in the ASP forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back