Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re: Missing 'Make' command

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOG

MIS
Jan 31, 2002
GB
Hi,

If AIX 4.3.3 has been completely installed on the server then why am I missing the 'make' command, I ran few tests to check if all is installed and there is one command that seems to be missing and it required for oracle installation.

# /usr/bin/which make
which: 0652-141 There is no make in /usr/bin /etc /usr/sbin /usr/ucb /usr/bin/X1
1 /sbin.

Any idea why and which of the four AIX CDs should I use to install this command?

Thanking you all in advance.

Regards

Katherine [pumpkin]

Katherine,

Have a look to see if you've got bos.adt.base installed:

lslpp -l | grep bos.adt.base

If you have then try looking in /usr/bin to see if it's there. If not, put the fist CD in and go to smitty install_latest and install the bos.adt fileset.

Mark.

Hi Mark,

That was a great help, many thanks.

Cheers

Katherine [pumpkin]

Yep, I've come across this before. I never bothered to find the specific fileset "make" belongs to, so I've always just done the "easy install" of "App-Dev". You'll also need "Graphics-Startup" to support Oracle 8 installation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back