Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-installing License & authentication files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiretek

Technical User
Dec 12, 2007
US
I have an s8300 in G450 gateway. I already loaded license and auth file. All was good until i tried to get into site administration using the dadmin i created. Was getting pin request and re-neter pin but everytime i created it came back with incorrect pin. I put dadmin in prof18 and got in but no commands (very few). I determined dadmin was not checked in RFA. I downloaded new license & auth files after I made changes. Does anyone have the procedure on how to re-install license & auth file. When I try to undo original it fails stating that back-up license file does not exist.

Where can I find proper procedure. Please help

undo license will go to the previously installed lsfile, not the currently installed. If you have never installed a second license, you cannot do undo to re-install the first.

previous lsfiles are stored in linux:
ls -l /etc/opt/ecs/tmp (previously installed lsfiles - loadlicense -u)
cd /etc/opt/ecs/tmp;ls -l

Use the web browser with a super-user login and load the license from there. You will not need to re-install the authentication file, it's only for Avaya services logins and has absolutely nothing to do with dadmin.
dadmin must be associated with prof2, not prof18
or
From linux:
1. sudo ftpserv on
2. ftp the license to /var/home/ftp/pub
3. sudo loadlicense

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Thanks so much. I will be working on it this evening.

Chris

So what you are saying is I should load my second license on top of the first, using the same procedure as when I loaded the original license. Then do an undo previously installed?. I'm not that familiar with linux so I will use the web browser.

chris

No, I was not saying that. I was telling you how the command allows an undo. You can undo and revert back to previous licenses that were installed. Up to 3 lsfiles are stored.

Let's say your current license has dadmin login enabled "y" and you install a new license which has this set to "n"

You can undo the new license that you just installed and it will revert to the previous license where dadmin was working.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

FYI, "dadmin" needs to be in "prof2" as AvayaTier3 tells you above. if you have a BP "craft" login, that would be in "prof3", and you would also "enable craft2 xxxxx" (xxxxx = the login for the BP craft login)

dadmin susers prof2 /bin/bash N/A, No, No Never, Never

Mitch

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Right, but my problem is that my original license did not have dadmin installed and I want to remove that license to install a new the one I created in RFA with dadmin turned on. This is a new install, so the first (incorrect) license is currently installed. Should I download my new license then remove my first license? Just trying to get the correct steps in order using the web browser

Thanks

You do not remove the current license. When you install a new RFA license, it will replace the current license. The previous license is moved as I stated above, so that if you wanted to restore it, you will be able to.

Git 'r done. It takes about 10 seconds. New attributes are available immediately.

I would advise login with super-user login and remove dadmin login. Then add dadmin login, set password. This way it will give you the access you need. It sounds like you have been making changes to dadmin which most likely will restrict it from proper operation.

From linux:

cmuserdel dadmin
cmuseradd dadmin
cmpasswd dadmin

autosat while logged in will set PIN for dadmin

From the SAT Command: prompt you can also change a previous PIN to a new PIN.

change pin dadmin
change pin craft2 login name

bsh

Yes, I finnaly git it now. Thanks so much. You are a great asset to this site.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back