Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-install of a Micros PCWS 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SydneyTiger

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2009
US
Hello..... I trying to help out the wife here :) She had a terminal go down at her place of business. It is 1 of 4 Micros WS. Corrupt Windows 2000 load on the HD I believe. I took a WS re-install disk and was able to install Win XP on the terminal. Previous windows install and all programs are still on the HD. I installed the touch drivers. Found what IP scheme the other WS were using as well as naming convention. All I need is to re-install Micros back on the terminal. Keep in mind that Micros is STILL on the terminal from the Win 2000 install. I just have no idea how to get it working again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

you need to take the flash disk out of the workstation and a working workstation and copy one to the other. Then reconfigure CAL

depending of which version of micros you are running. running xp as a client might not be possible.

What you can do is take one of the workstations that is working a re-image the hard drive.
you can use clonezilla ( clonezilla.org) to create a clone of the hard drive before you being to work on the unit.
Once you have the image already running win2k you will need to change the workstation name to match what is on POS configurator. Then you will have to re-run net setup on this unit (if you a version lower than micros 4.x) ie 3.2 sp6 or sp7.

Hi. A 2010 is a Win32 HDD client. There is no flash card. The question is, is the 2010 a client or is it running as the server? Some sites use is as a server to avoid another client licence.

Next question is what version of RES are you running. Version 4 uses CAL to connect to server & download apps, and version 3 uses netsetup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back