Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

re-input cd-key for win xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

seawolves121

Technical User
Feb 12, 2003
US
i downloaded xp sp 1 but it says that my cd-key isn't valid. i found a valid cd-key and i was just wondering how to input this new cd-key in.

"i found a valid cd-key" - makes me wonder where you 'found' it. This invalid cd key is usually due to piracy. If your new key is valid, you can find your answer at the MS website.

Indeed,
I say if u cant find the answer by yourself, forget about sp1.

i dont think the ms website would tell u that even if it was a legal key....helping ppl get round sp1 piracy detection.....

anyway it's not that your original key is invalid it's that sp1 knows it's one of many widely circulated keys.
chances are if you've "found another" in the same way, that one wont work either. ===============
Security Forums

seawolves 121.

Go to the news group , alt.os.winxp and ask the same question, you just might find out what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back