Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-Initialize Callpilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeyediceclay

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2003
US
Any way to reinitialize CallPilot without using the phone? I can't get into it using F983 (or F982), seems to just go blank when I try. Needless to say, none of the mailboxes are working either.

Thanks

I ran into a similiar issue with a BCM50 and Call pilot. I went into programming and did a warm restart on the administrative side and it worked after that. Not sure if that helps at all.

I suppose I should have mentioned it's a bcm 400 on version 3.7. F982 just causes the screen on the phone to go blank. I can perform a System Startup that erases all the programming but doesn't effect the CallPilot. Seems a warm reset just restarts the MSC, digital side. I may be stuck with re-imaging the box back to 3.7.

By any chance are the horizontal row of LED's on front panel flashing?
It sounds like your voicemail is completely down.

If you log into Unified Manager Configuration and go to Diagnostics>Service Manager you can check the status of the voicemail service. You can also stop/start it here by selecting the service and choosing the config drop down menu.

Have you checked the Base Function Tray?
There was a known issue with the capacitors that typically manifested in the symptom you're seeing.

If you haven't checked the BFT, post the part number off the product lable on the back of the BCM and I can check it against the list of possibly affected products.

-SD-

I was thinking more of how to totally reinitialize it. You know, when you are changing the DN length on the phone system side??
You have to reinitialize the CP side in order for it to recognize the digit length change.

I think you still have to go through the phone doing a F983, log in, press 1 then reinstall. Or on the older versions, you had to do a F982, operator, press 1 then type in reinstall.

I was just looking for a way to do it through the CallPilot Manager.

MRoberts

Voicemail service is running, BCM Monitor shows 6 usuable DN's, they just don't work. BFT has blue caps, the green caps was the bad unit, so I've read. How about a way to reinitialize through VNC?

Don't this happen also when the Hard Drive starts to go?

You can't access VNC without Nortel.

Hawks is right. It could be the HDD.
If you remove the front cover on the BFT you'll find a monitor port.
Power down the BCM, Connect a monitor, power on the monitor, power on the BCM and watch the boot process on the monitor.
Bad HDD's will usually reflect some errors on boot up.
You can also watch the HDD LED and see if it reads for a long while or a short while. It should be reading for nearly the whole boot process.

-SD-

I hacked the VNC, if there's any benefit to that. The HDD's are redundant if that changes anything. Last I hooked up a monitor, it showed the blue Windows NT screen with the dots that just stop after it's finished loading, no errors.

Yeah ... it is possible to hack VNC, but its nothing I'd want to post.
The question is, will it do us any good ... and I can't think of any way that it will.
There used to be a way to reload voicemail back in the 2.0 days from the CLI.
I'll poke around in my 3.7 when I have some time and see if its possible to do it from the CLI.

-SD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back