Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re image HD on redundant system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynot13

Technical User
Jan 12, 2004
CA
I am planning on re-imaging a BCM400 that is equipped with a redundant HD. I have re-imaged BCM's with single HD but never have done one with a second HD. If I re-image the primary drive does this also write to the mirrored drive? If not what are the steps to get the new image on both drives?

If it is a nortel drive and with the same s/w level. It will work either way primary to mirror or mirror to primary.

Yes both are Nortel HD's that I'm imaging on a BCM400, I'm plan on putting a new S/W version on the drives to use the system as a spare. It will not have any applied keycodes at this time so I'm not concerned about that.

If your keeping it as a backup and are not concerned with keeping the system information it's pretty simple. If you have the ability to do a quick erase on the mirror drive, do it, then re-image the master and install them on the raid card in the correct positions. The boot should take care of the rest.

Thanks Cook1082 and MikeDThePhoneGuy for this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back