Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-homing large number of sets question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseBall2000

Vendor
Oct 31, 2003
US
Hello
What is needed re-home" an estimated 150 people at a Nortel branch office location. "Re-home" meaning the users would switch from registering off the, OH Option 81C, Call Pilot & Symposium and instead register to the ,WI Option 81C, Call Pilot, and Symposium. A remote team will be creating the profiles in the WI systems and I are trying to determine if we need to touch each 150 phones, or if we can do an automatic change, reboot, and they all re-register….Thanks in advance!!

WOW, no input....I thought this would be an easy one for all of the top talent here

I guess like me, know one has a clue what your talking about.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Each phone needs to be told what server to register to, so unless you are handing out that info via DHCP (using full DHCP on the sets rather than partial) you will need to go to each phone and change the S1 and possibly S2 settings.

..even if you use DHCP for the S1/S2, you will still need to touch each set to input the node/TN associated with the new Option 81c.

i've got to agree, i don't see a way to avoid a station visit. i just did the same thing with a smaller number of sets but they were tdm so i had a lot less trouble and i did not need a station visit. just ran a mov script and waited for the crew to call from the sets.. for ease of change i love the 3900's.. we only use voip were we don't have facilities..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

My view is it all depends...

If you are going to use your OH system as a Branch Office i.e. the phones will "fall back" to this site if the "main Office" is unavailable, then there is no need to visit each phone. You will need to change the config in LD11 on the OH system for each phone to configure the BUID/MOTN prompt.

If it's not a "main Office" - "branch office" type of set up then I agree with the others, visit the phones to change the S1 and S2 addresses.

Thanks Guy's!!! This is just the answers that I was looking for....Thanks Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back