Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

re enterprise 1000 bcm 32 dsi and a gatm8 to bcm50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safecamusa

Vendor
Nov 4, 2011
CA
I have a customer with a enterprise 1000 bcm with a gatm8 and a 32dsi and a dsm32 modules.
My question is I am switching there system to a bcm with two expansions. And I want to put the gatm8 in one expansion and a dsi32 or dsm32 into my new bcm 50.
Is this possible? Do I need keycodes for the modules? I already have the expansion keycodes.

Thanks!

No. The expansion key codes cover that. You can use the expansion cabinets with what ever you choose to put in them.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

May I add to Splic3d's comment about expansion cabinets..

I have BCM50 with two expansion licenses. It had originally used a GATM4 and a dsm16.
I was also curious - and guessing - the expansion license covered these 'basic' modules.

However... I notice that their are licenses needed for BRI and DPNSS signalling. I'm guessing you won't get the protocol without the keycodes.

From the keycode description file on a Rel 3:

110,Q.SIG
119,BRI Loop
109,DPNSS

-are listed in there along with digital sets, VM seats etc.

Just a note.

Sir, I invite you to look up: NT7B87GA or NT7B76AA-93 but mostly.. for the BCM in the US:
NT7B76AB or NT7B76AAAH or NT7B76AC

You do have BRI there.. I had a BRI circuit years ago, though they may not be offered anymore. 2-B+D for BRI, 23B+D for PRI. same stuff. ..and if you need a license for basic rate signalling, I really doubt a larger business gets primary rate signalling for free?

My comment stands, and perhaps I didn't decode Nortel's license file description, so here it is for you to argue with: One of those codes refers to ISDN signalling (23B+D or 30B+D):

These may be a UK feature list, but...
[tt]
202,VM seat
208,UM seat
220,Fax Messaging
221,Fax Overflow
222,Fax on Demand
223,Fax Suite
211,VPIM/AMIS
110,Q.SIG
111,MCDN
109,DPNSS
217,LANCTE Seat
206,VoIP GW Trunk
218,IP Client seat
271,NCM BCM50a/e
252,NCM BCM50
115,Int Analog Trunk
116,Int Analog Sets
117,Int Digital Sets
118,Exp Port
119,BRI Loop
270,BT RACE
260,SRG
261,SRVBL IP Client
299,Upgrade
232,ICC Agents
235,MMedia ICC
279,ICC
273,ICC Skillset
274,ICC Reporting
275,SIP GW Trunk
276,SIP Devices
278,MeetMe
289,Activity Reporter
291,APP Pack
371,NCM T&B BCM50a/e
352,NCM T&B BCM50
311,VPIM/AMIS Try-Buy
23,MCDN Try-Buy
24,Q.SIG Try-Buy
22,DPNSS Try-Buy
317,LAN CTE Try-Buy
306,VoIP GW Try-Buy
308,UM Try-Buy
323,Fax Suite Try-Buy
318,IP Client Try-Buy
302,VM Try-Buy
378,MeetMe Try-Buy
[/tt]
anyhow, it was a heads-up in case the original poster was thinking about plopping a 4-port BRI or dual or single PRI interface into his BCM, without having the license in place. It would certainly be frustrating.

We do have BRI in the USA, but I doubt that many providers even supply these circuits anymore.

I happened to be testing several DTI modules today in a BCM50 expansion cabinet. The only licenses the system had was for 4x12 and an expansion. Element Manager gave me the choice to configure the DTI for T1 or PRI. I have a customer who recently used a DTI in a BCM50 expansion for PRI service with no other licenses required other than the expansion.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Cards down!

Perhaps the incumbent BT in the UK had special thingies pertaining to the BRI interfaces,
and no conditions on an E1 interface, being it would be so expensive in the first place.

So I am ill-advised on one count, and ok on BRI in the USA? :) I'll not ramble on beyond
the initial topic now. Thanks for the interesting arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back