Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re enter Serial Number to installed Backup Exec 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandle

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2000
US
We have Veritas Backup Exec version 6 for NT Server. At one point about 4 weeks ago we reinstalled Backup Exec, but could not find the Serial Number - so have it running on a 40 day Eval - or Eval/Demo for SSN.

We found the software packet and SSN, how can we enter this data into the SSN field w/out having to reinstall the software.

Julie - gandlj@aol.com [sig][/sig]

Try running BE setup again. Enter your serial# but do not check the install BE chck box. Dont select anything. BE should just install the serial number. I think thats right. 6.x was a long long time ago. [sig][/sig]

Hello,

I've decided to back up my database today, i learned how to configure Oracle Agent and I did manage to backup the database. But I could restore it back into the server. So I decided to give the software the boot!

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the software, at the point where the BE asked for serial number. Assuming my senior had the number, i asked him. To my surprise he didn't have a clue.

So right now I'm running on eveluation mode, can you please tell me where normally the serial # will be written. I had the 3 CD's, and a paper cover for the CD's and the manual.

please help, :(
Dextro [sig][/sig]

dextro,

[tab]Our serial numbers came on a small card with three peel off labels. I was instructed to put one of these labels went on the warrenty card. The card is only slightly larger than a post card, so it is easy to misplace.

[sig]<p>James P. Cottingham<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= Veneer Co., Inc.</a><br>All opinions are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.[/sig]

2ffat,

thanks for the info. i ran thru all the documentation and found the serial #. you're right, the serial # is really easy to misplace. now, i've peeled off one of the stickers, and stick it onto my BE administrator guide. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back