Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE: Cisco and Nortel MWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxcomm

Programmer
Sep 11, 2006
US
Hello all,
This issue most likely has been discussed in a forum, so forgive me if this is redundant.
We have 3 - 4 locations now with both CISCO (CUCM 8) and Nortel (Succsession) spanning across these locations, along with Unity voice mail exclusivley as our V.M. platform. We (Nortel engineers and CISCO engineers) have checked the obvious, however, we have no MWI at the Nortel sets. CISCO attempts to send MWI and at 4 tries gives up. As I mentioned we have covered the simple and obvious, thought I would reach out to a few pro's out there for some assistance. Right now all MWI at CISCO is turned off.

Thanks in advance...

Whats the protocol between Nortel and Cisco? QSIG-GF (ISGF) with RCAP QMWI, Min Release 25.40B is required from memory.

Thank you for your reply...
QSIG is the protocal with Nortel Succsession 7.xxx

If QSIG-GF (ISGF) is the Protocol and RCAP QMWI is set and you have the QSIG-SS Package 316, then have you tried using DCH Monitoring to see if the Cisco is sending the MWI message? Another option for RCAP is QMWO.

Fixed!!!

F.Y.I...

MWI's not lighting on the Nortel phone/sets (CISCO to Nortel), MWI functioning as normal and as expected Nortel to Nortel including and as expected CISCO to CISCO.

The resolution:
CISCO was sending seven (7) digits, (seven (7) digit internal dialing), the Nortel was expecting five (5) digits, (five (5) digit internal dialing).

CISCO fixed this issue on their end.

Thanks all for your replies..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back