Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE-Built TS 2008 box

Status
Not open for further replies.

BridgeRE

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2006
US
I just finished re-building a TS 2008 box, and am not sure what setting was set, but prior to the re-build, Vista users were prompted for username and password within the RDC software, prior to actually connecting to the TS box. Since this re-build, Vista users are now prompted at the TS 2008 login screen. Can anyone point me to where this gets changed? Thanks.

Have the Vista machines installed the RDP update, or SP1 lately? I believe it gets changed at that point to login at the TS login prompt.

Pat Richard MVP

No, that is not the issue. It's only particular to this TS2008 box, It's something in the local security policy, I'm sure, but forgot what setting. My other 2008 box prompts on the end user Vista machine first, as it should.

If it is an issues with settings in the local security policy. You should be able to export the local security policy on the machine with the issue. Then use the Security Configuration and Analysis mmc snap in on the properly functioning server to compare where the settings are different.

For information on the mmc snap in follow the link:

Good Luck!

Yeah, I guess that will work.

Well for the most part the Local Security Policy is the same, except for the Terminal Server part (the other 2008 box is not a TS). I have a "System Message" set on the TS2008 box and read that with this set, Vista users will be prompted at the server instead of at the RDC client. I could swear I was prompted on my Vista machine for credentials, then connected, clicked ok to the system meassge and all was good, prior to the rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back