Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rdxr020305.dat automatically downloads onto desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelpfast

Programmer
Mar 28, 2002
CA
Everytime I go online for about 20 min or longer rdxr020305.dat appears on my desktop. Now I am quite computer proficient but i have no clue where this came from, or how to get rid of it for good. I'm using i.e. 6., download accelerator, and mcaffe.

This came up a couple of days ago, have a look here.

thread779-235985

i have too this thing, about 10 to 20 min this .dat file appears on my desktop, i have no idea what happend

ir somebody know what is it, tell me.

So do I but I have no idea what it is from? I was thinking maybe it was from McAfee.com Online Virus protection thing. So we have this in common. I will call McAfee and ask them why?

It is caused by Morphues.

Here is how I got rid of it.

Download Ad-aware and scan the system
to remove trace of the spyware. Alternatively you can this
(Note: the ad-aware program found some spyware files, but the rxdr file wasn't found, so I took the steps below and it got rid of it)

Search for file called bpboh.dll and note down the path.
Most likely it will be C:\Windows if yes goto Start> Run
and then type there regsvr32 /u C:\Windows\bpboh.dll click
on Ok reboot
It worked very well for me.

Thank you all!

you were very helpful. I will keep coming back here for all my problems!

that solution with the unregister dll worked well.

thanks again

Morpheus using new address intercept tool

Some users of the popular Morpheus music sharing program are angry over a browser extension program distributed with the latest preview version of the software. The program, developed by Wurld Media and included with the Morpheus Preview Edition, silently intercepts certain addresses typed by Morpheus users into Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser before redirecting them to their final destination, Newsbytes has confirmed. The file, which is named bpboh.dll, uses a technology developed by Microsoft known as a browser helper object (BHO). According to an article at Microsoft's site, BHOs are "a relatively new and powerful way of injecting your code directly inside the browser's address space." When installed by Morpheus, the Wurld Media BHO causes addresses including radioshack.com, ebay.com, amazon.com, and toysrus.com, among others, to be intercepted and redirected to the shopping sites through affiliate marketing systems run by LinkShare Corp. and Be Free, Inc. The presence of Wurld Media's BHO technology in Morpheus was reported earlier this month in an Internet newsgroup for the discussion of peer-to-peer file exchange technology. "I was obviously aware that (Morpheus is) ad-supported, but I suspect a lot of folk didn't realise it was done this way ... Bunging DLLs into IE itself seems a bit sneaky/unnecessary," wrote one newsgroup participant on Mar. 16. The Wurld Media BHO operates in IE even when the Morpheus application is not running. In Newsbytes testing, uninstalling Morpheus appeared to remove the Wurld Media BHO. (Incorrect, according to reports from divideBYzero and as Speedy 3D reports "it does not come off after one uninstalls Morpheus either"). According to Microsoft's support site, browser helper objects can be disabled within IE from the Internet Options section of the browser's Tools menu. By clicking on the Advanced tab and unchecking the box that says "Enable third-party browser extensions," the browser helper objects will be disabled at the next restart, Microsoft said. Otherwise, read the additional info in the "read more" part of this posting for complete details on how to get rid of this "pest"!

Youre right this pest dosent go away even when you uninstall Morpheus and even after several scans with AdAware. I tried to delete bpboh.dll but it wont delete until I unchecked "enable third party browser extensions" on IE6 Then I was able to delete it and rdxr02030 no longer appeared. I then re-checked "enable......" and was able to dowload "google Bho" without trouble. I didnt use regsvr32 as suggested. Did I do the right thing????

I think you'll be ok, all the regsvr32 does is unregister the service in the registry. What you did is pretty much the same thing.

Cheers, I was wondering what this file was. If this is as it appears to be some sort of spyware then I think Morpheus should remove there No-spyware logo from the page displayed at the beginning of morpheus.

Damn this big brother stuff!!

I need to know how to change ide cable connection. At the present time one cable is connected to both the CD ROM and CDRW and I can't read and record at the same time. I have Windows XP and also wondered if the program will automatically recognize the drives upon reboot or will I have to change the settings. Will appreciate any help. Thanks

Everytime i try and log into my hotmail account, Internet Explorer crashes (while my hard disc makes a grinding noise) and says 'Internet Explorer has caused an error in wininet.dll'. I have no idea how to fix this... please help!

I believe that Kazaa does the same thing, I never installed Morpheus since I reinstalled win2k. I even did the custom install to only install Kazaa so beware that even not installing the spyware software, it still puts it in there.

I can't seem to get rid of Morpheus, Morpheus Preview, or Morpheus 1.9. Today I tried to RESTORE SYSTEM and it keeps telling me to restart my computer and try again. I've done that three times and no luck. How can I get rid of Morpheus and why can't I restore my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back