Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDS - Studio 5 to Server 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoeller18

Programmer
Oct 9, 2001
US
I would like to verify that ColdFusion Studio 5 (not Ultradev) can connect to a server via RDS as easily as studio 4.5 can.

I can not connect via RDS using Dreamweaver MX 2004. I believe the Dreamweaver problem is probably the same “sand bagging” problem that is outlined at
The current server environment runs ColdFusion Server 5. However studio will also be used with ColdFusion Server 3.1.

Unfortunately I can’t find 4.5 for retail on the web.

Please send your experience and/or comments!

Thanks, Jeff

Jeffrey E. Moeller

I have Studio 5 and I've never had any problems connecting to a server via RDS. I've used it with CF Server 4.5, 5.0, MX, and MX 6.1

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb
- I hate computers!

I use HomeSite 5... and it connects through RDS just fine. Since CF Studio is simply a superset of HomeSite, and core functionality - like RDS connections - is exactly the same, I wouldn't imagine Studio 5 has any problems either.

Where did you find that you could buy Studio 5, though? I've been looking for quite a while.

-Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back