Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDRAM suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnknownFriend

Technical User
Jun 7, 2003
US
I am planning to get some more RAM for my computer. I have a @ gig pentium 4 proccesor and already have 256 RAM. I am planning to get another 256. I was wondering if you guys have some sugestions for what brand to buy if it matters.

Kingston, Micron, and Crucial ( are all reliable. You don't have to buy the most expensive name brands out there, but you want to avoid cheap gimmicks or generic house brands.

is another excellent source that tracks the lowest prices from various websites.

Also, if you have Win95/98/ME, you want to be careful in having too much RAM. Generally, you want to stay at or below 512MB. If you've got NT/2000/XP, then the more the merrier!

~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

I wouldn't buy anything other than corsair. I dont really know if they are the most expensive, but they run cool, reliable, and pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back