Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDR 3013 error... advanced help beyond technet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

it4bwk

MIS
Sep 6, 1999
US
Visit site
NT domain... less than 10 users... Win 95 PC clients... RDR 3013, RDR timed out request on server, error shows in NT event log... Only seems to occur when users open my computer, windows explorer or attempt to open a drive thru an application, clients have 4-6 drives mapped to the server... 4 drives are SCSI CDroms 2 have CD's, opening my computer or win explorer takes approx 3 minutes when this problem occurs... this problem does not occur all of the time... <br>
<br>
I have:<br>
<br>
disabled the rdr cache as directed by technet... <br>
updated the nic driver on the server...<br>
replaced the nic on the server (both- 3com)...<br>
spoke with 3com support.. they gave me the technet info..<br>
re-enabled the rdr cache since it didn't work...<br>
<br>
other info...<br>
this domain is physically connected to our larger lan of 120 users operating in another domain... <br>
<br>
2 to 3 errors appear in the event log exactly 70 seconds apart...<br>
<br>
this worked fine for several weeks when installed.. then this started...<br>
<br>
some days it works fine... others it errors once.. others it errors mulitple times... <br>
<br>
LMhosts / hosts files are not in use for PC/NT operations.. the host file does however list our AS 400 as a result of client access software...<br>
<br>
I have thoughts of entering the server to the hosts file and then I punt.....<br>
<br>
thx in advance....<br>
<br>

I have a very similar problem - did you get a resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back