Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP/Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

briteeyez

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2001
EC
Hi

Trying to RDP/Terminal Server to my Win2000 server over the Internet via VPN from my Win2000 Pro client .... The Terminal Server session starts to open and I
get the Title bar "XXXServer - Remote Desktop" with the rest of the window BLACK. After a minute or two the session fails with this message "The
connection to the remote computer was broken. This may have been caused by a network error...."

I can ping in both directions successfully without packet loss.

Could someone provide a hint as to why this is and what I can do to solve the problem.

Thanks

Which RDP client ar eyou using?

Try downloading the latest from
Click Download, click tools download Remote Desktop connection.

Click the settings button to expand the options and take a look at the last tab. You will see there that you cn configure the client for connection speed. This might help you.

This is the RDP client, it works great with both 2000 and 2003.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Hi

This is the client I am using already.

Thanks

I Don't understand the "XXXServer - Remote Desktop" title bar. It leads me to believe that you have a malware problem. Have your run any AV with the latest updates as well as hijacker removal tools?

Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.

When I say "xxxServer" that was just to hide the name of my server and yes I have the latest AV tools. Could you recommend some hijacker removal tools.

Thanks

When it comes to spyware and hijacker removal, I swear by the big three. Those being Lavasoft's AdAware, Safer Networking's Spybot Search & Destroy, and SpywareBlaster (company unknown). All of these utilities are available from cnet's download.com. You might want to check it out. But, that does not sound as though it is the issue you are dealing with. It sounds like a latency problem. What kind of ping times are you seeing?

I'm thinking its a VPN problem. Can you configure RDP to run without going through a VPN to narrow down the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back