Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP sessions locking users out VERY often

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdenitti

MIS
Aug 24, 2001
US
We are experiencing an issue here at my company with remote desktop sessions timing out and locking the user out of their session. It's acting exactly as if you would lock a workstation locally except they are all remote desktop sessions with a Windows 2003 Standard server. It is not disconnecting them. No data is lost. It's just forcing them to re-enter their password very often. I haven't timed it to get an exact time but it's around every 2 minutes. I've looked everywhere for a solution to this and have come up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Try to check Default Domain Policy for Terminal Session duration and logon/log-off status.

It would be my first step,
Sam.

Thanks for replying PuzzledUnix. I have poured the GPO for the domain and could see nothing that was configured concerning Terminal Services. There is no screen saver enabled on the server or on the client. I have timed the lock out to every two minutes using an user account who mentioned the problem. As a domain admin I could leave the remote desktop session open all day and still not get locked out.

Do you think it could have something to do with the user profiles on the 2003 server?? The server is not yet installed with service pack 1. Thanks again for all your help!

right click on the desktop and under screen saver disable the password

to separate problem, try to move this machine account to another OU-->example: Computers on AD domain. Restart machine and run in command prompt: gpresult, check where policy are coming from. If this would not work you will need check or re-create a user profile.

I hoe it helps,

Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back