Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP 6.1 on Windows 2003 64 Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nogero

Programmer
Mar 1, 2007
US
In order to open TS Web Access pages you need to have Remote Desktop 6.1 installed. The problem is MS never released a version for Windows 2003 64 bit. I have successfully installed RDP 6.1 on 2003 32 bit by changing the compatibility mode on the installer to XP. But this workaround doesn't work on 2003 64 bit.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to make RDP 6.1 work on 64 bit Windows? Or how to make RDP 7 work on 64 bit. I have Terminal Server users who access TS Web Access pages because of this. I can't understand why MS isn't support 64 bit Windows.

dberg35, The link you provided is for RDP 6.0, but 6.1 is needed for TS Web access (sometimes called RemoteApp). Some of the documentation I have come across suggests that MS hasn't released RDP6.1 for 64 bit platforms.

I am need of a workaround or a way to install the version found in KB952155 on a 64 bit OS.

Ok my mistake sorry. Why not use RDP client instead. One company I manage has a TS server any they use Remote Desktop connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back