Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

w33mhz

MIS
May 22, 2007
US
I am looking for Remote Desktop Services Manager for windows 8.1 . AND NO I DON'T WANT THE REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION MANAGER that doesn't work in the same manner. I need to manage the remote sessions to my Terminal Services farm. Yes RDCMon you can manage remote session but on an individual server basis and requires a RDP session logon. I just want to manage all of the session in a single pane like the terminal services manager in 2008.

Windows Haiku:

Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Well ok slight correction, RDCMon I can "List Sessions" without logging on to rdp session if I right-click from the list panel instead of the server panel. But I still have to connect each one individually meaning I have to have a million windows open just to view sessions.

Windows Haiku:

Serious error.

Yea, that's what I have been doing but it is ridiculous that I have to do that now. From what I read that RDMS isn't exactly the best anyways. Here is a link that does mention Window 8 in the title but that's about it.
Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012: Remote Desktop Management Server

*sigh*
I will have to just go to powershell I suppose, you know powershell is great but I have a GUI OS I would just assume use GUI tools as well. Powershell is fantastic for scripting/automation, but really come on M$ its just really counterproductive for administrative purposes.

Windows Haiku:

Serious error.

In Remote Desktop Connection Manager you don't have to have a million windows open to view multiple sessions. If you group them and select a group node, you can see all the sessions under that node. You can configure the tile size in the group settings.

Nelviticus

Nel I will check again because I have been on a streak of being wrong lately, but I believe for that to work I need a logged on session to all the servers in the group. This is an option that I cannot take.

Linney, that is a good link but it did make me sad. It had the reason why I couldn't get server manager to work. My farm is a bunch of W2k8, not R2. Non R2 are not supported.

Thanks for the help all, I will just use powershell I already have the module cmdlets figured out. It's will work.

Windows Haiku:

Serious error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back