Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDM Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

carloc

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2005
DE
We use IBM DIRECTOR in Version 4.20.
No we must install several server (x346) with windows and citrix in a rack-system. I got the information that RDM can be very helpful in this case.
I ordered a dem-verfsion and installed the software on our Director-System. When starting the consoloe, ther are no extensions in the Task-Menue for RDM. Also the service is not running.
Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Thanks from Germany....

Carlo

Are you sure that you installed it correctly, do you dhcp setup correctly with option 3 enabled.

Here is an andditional message text, when trying to start the d-server with dservice.exe or net start dserver:

D-Server configuration error: Invalid IpAddress setting in D-Server configuration file. D-Server is shutting down now.

And here is the content of the ini-file:
[dserver]
MasterDServer=yes

MasterDServerIpAddress=169.170.128.253
MasterDServerHttpPort=1234

Hostname=KRZCITRIXT
IpAddress=169.170.128.253
HttpPort=1234

DocumentRoot=C:\\Programme\\IBM\\RDM
LogFile=C:\\Programme\\IBM\\RDM\\log\\mds.log

MCastStartAddress=226.0.1.1
MCastPoolSize=50
MCastPort=1758
Debug=no
PerformanceMeasure=no
DisableMtftpServer=no
DisablePxeServer=no
LocalDhcpServer=no
MtftpServerStartPort=4016
MtftpServerPortRange=50
MCast=yes

Carlo

The ip address is invalid.
what ip of your server?

This ip´s are correcty??

MasterDServerIpAddress=169.170.128.253
MasterDServerHttpPort=1234

Hostname=KRZCITRIXT
IpAddress=169.170.128.253
HttpPort=1234

Is the Director/RDM server the DHCP server too? After installing RDM you have to run the PXEDHCP.BAT - this was the last pop-up you saw and probably clicked "OK" without reading. A quick check would be to look at your DHCP server to determine if PXE Option 60 and DNS Option 3 are configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back