Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rdfiff Backup Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2003
CA
I am attempting to install rdiff 0.12.7-1 on a Fedora Core 2 box and it is complaining about the following...

# rpm -i rdiff-backup-0.12.7-1.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
python < 2.4 is needed by rdiff-backup-0.12.7-1

This seems pretty straight forward except for the fact that Python 2.4 is already installed.

# python -V
Python 2.4

Has anyone come across this issue before?? Or could someone make a suggestion as to where this is going wrong?

Thanks.

it's saying it wants a version lower than 2.4 u could look for a newer version of rdiff-backup or just install without dependancies and see how it goes. something like
rpm -ivh --nodeps rdiff-backup-0.12.7-1.i386.rpm may work for you. man page on rpm is very extensive.

yeah.. I tried an earlier version on Python as well with a similar error. Luckily I just scrapped the Fedora Core 2 install and put Debian on it as I have had nothin but problems since Fedora. I had a new server with identical hardware going onsite so I quickly made the change over betweem platforms without too much comotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back