Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDC HTML4 export by page range 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBean

Technical User
May 20, 2002
I am working on an RDC application to do burst e-mails. I have most of the program working, but I found that when exporting to HTML4 there appears to be no way to export only a specified range. All of the other export formats have a format specific export option for this, but from what I can see the HTML format does not.

Does anyone out there know how this can be done in RDC (CRXI) ?

If there is no property based method, does anyone know if there a way to do this using the Page object or PageEngine?

I don't remember seeing anything like .HTMLFirstPageNumber and
.HTMLLastPageNumber in any of the RDC versions. You could use
.HTMLHasPageNavigator and then use or combine the individual HTML files.

In my Visual CUT application, bursting functionality is implemented based on the Group structure rather than on page ranges. Consider a similar approach because the page range approach has obvious limitations beyond the export format issue.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I am working with existing vendor built reports and I don't think the have a group structure that would work for that (although I will re-check to make sure).

I will probably just be stuck post processing the HTML.. Tedious but still workable (I think). It appears Crystal heads each page with a set of style definitions so I may be able to detect the page boubdaries by looking for those.

Thanks for your suggestion.

PS: Which Crystal components is Visual-Cut built with ? I assume it is built on 9.x or earlier versions since the licensing for newer versions looks pretty ugly. I would like to share my tool but licensing looks bad for XI.

For the HTML export, why not export the correct pages to PDF, then convert the PDF to HTML.
There are plenty of widgets out there for PDF conversion. I used one to convert PDF to Word when the built in Word export was insufficient.

Andrew Baines

Thanks for the suggestion. I already wrote the code to split the pages as I described, but since the HTML export from crystal is not exactly perfect I may look at recoding it that way anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back