Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDB Configuration for Norstar MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie2

Programmer
Jul 26, 2005
US
Does anyone know how to configure the RDB for a PRI from an option 81C to a Norstar MICS (w/ necessary codes and hardware).

Just need the 81C programming for the DCH, RDB and trunks if possible.

will the mis do qsig and what rls are you playing with?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi Jamie2
I put summary task list from NTP 553-3001-201, below.
You can also find step by step procedure in this NTP starting at page 354. And, you can find all detail information in this document about PRI for OPT81C.

summary of the tasks PRI2 implementation:
1 LD 17 — Adding a PRI card
2 LD 17 — Adding a DCHI or DDCH
3 LD 15 — Defining a PRI customer
4 LD 16 — Defining a PRI service route
5 LD 14 — Defining service channels and PRI trunks
6 LD 73 — Defining system timers and clock controller parameters
7 LD 73 — Defining PRI parameters and thresholds
8 LD 73 — Changing trunk pad category value
regards,
aasatekin

As I know, MICS can do MCDN SL1 protocol, if QSIG is possible on MICS side, still it is better to use MCDN.

aasatekin

Thanks for replying everyone, sorry for the delay in response but I actually got a couple of days off finally.

The MICS is 7.O with MCDN and PRI enabler. The 81C is sucession 3. both sides are set at SL1 currently.

I am not sure if the MICS can handle QSIG??? I usually only work on large switches and the key systems are just kind thrown at us too.

I will read up on aasatekin Tasks and see if that sheds any light on the subject.

Just glanched at aasatekin post again. It basically shows how to define everything, but I know those steps already for networking PBX's. Its the particular settings I need for the MICS... IFC = NI2 or SL1 and ect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back