Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RD Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoboy

Programmer
Feb 4, 2005
US
I'm having some problems with using Remote Desktop. Both computers are XP Pro and I can use RD within my network. I'm using Linksys Wireless G router. I set up a range just 3388-3389 for ports to be open. That didn't work, so I set up a DMZ zone for my host computer as well. Still doesnt work. My question is what ip should I be trying to log in as. My internal ip (when I run ipconfig, it's the 192.168.x.x) or what? I think the problem is I'm entering that ip address in, instead of my physical ip. Anyone have any suggestions or know what ip I should be using to log in.

If you have set up your host computer in the DMZ zone there is no need to forward any ports. To determine your ip address just enter this link; or you can take the WAN address located in the setup of your LinkSys router. They should be the same addresses.

Okay, got it to work. Just needed to enter the right IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back