Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rconsole error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldfishflake

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
US
When trying to open rconsole, I get a message that reads "out of environment space". What could cause that? I have installed Freeremote from the Novell site, and use that, but just discovered a hidden password for the server, and wanted to try it on rconsole. The reasone I downloaded freeremote was because the password for rconsole was lost. Any suggestions on why I am getting the error message? Thanks, Sherry

If the password for RCONSOLE is lost, just set another one from the server console.

In your AUTOEXEC.NCF, there may be commands similar to the following:

LOAD REMOTE PASSWORD
LOAD RSPX

(where PASSWORD is the password set). If you want to set a new one, amend the REMOTE line in AUTOEXEC.NCF to include the new password, then type the following atthe server console:

UNLOAD RSPX
UNLOAD REMOTE
LOAD REMOTE PASSWORD
LOAD RSPX

(where PASSWORD is the password you want to set). Once completed, you should now be able to access your server via RCONSOLE using the new password.
-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"

Well, that would be great, except for the "out of environment space" message that I keep getting! I don't know what to do about that, now that I can put in a new password. Any help with that would be appreciated. Thanks, Sherry

Sounds vaguely like a ram problem, but I could be wrong. Does this error occur when you're only trying to access rconsole and nothing else is open on your workstation? Or are there other running programs (besides the client) which you have minimized, etc, every time you go to get into it? There could be interference from Freeremote trying to access the resources at the same time as rconsole. One possible solution is to temporarily uninstall Freeremote and try rconsole again.

Also, where (from what program / prompt) do you access the remote console from? If you get to it through the Netware Administrator, try updating the NWAdmin with the latest patch (which I know fixes all sorts of library file problems). I'm not sure if it will help, but it's worth a shot.

Catadmin - New to Server Admin, but willing to learn... All help is appreciated.

Don't think I am out of ram, or the server. Has come up from a new reboot. This has only happened since I installed freeremote. Think I will temp uninstall and see if that helps. Actually kind of like freeremote. Found the lost password in the Autoexec.ncf if I could only use it! Thanks, Sherry

What operating system are you using on your workstation? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"

I have w2k. I was able to open rconsole when I didn't have the password from this machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back