Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RConj in Netware 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

novellman

Technical User
Feb 13, 2003
GB
I have 24 Netware 6sp2 servers with edir87, using rconj and secureip I can only access 4 of them(only see 4 when I browse too), rest I can only access with unsecure. Any ideas please folks. Ive tried KBase.
I,m almost sure its some kind of certificate problem, but unsure what tack to take.

Sounds to me like SSL isn't working for those other servers.

The first thing to check is that each server has its SSL certificates in eDirectory. Typically there will be two for each server -- SSLCertificateDNS and SSLCertificateIP. The SSLCertificateDNS is the one that RCONAG6 uses, according to Novell's documentation.

If the certificates aren't in eDirectory, you may be able to create them. If you need help with that, let me know.

The next thing to check is that each server has a SAS object.

Servers advertise themselves via SLP. You need to make sure that it is set up properly. Here is a helpful TID on setting up SLP

good luck

------------
Bill
Consultant / Network Engineer
CNE, CCNA

Thanks Bill
Got all that and double checked it after you mentioned, I have 4 servers that I can see through rconj with secure ip, I,ll have to work backwards and see whats different with others.

I am having the same issue with one of my servers. The SSL objects that Bill mentioned above are in place. However, port 2036 is not listening so there is no way I can connect to that port. I would think that loading rconag6 is supposed to be what opens that port. Is there something that needs to be in place to get that port to open?

I just fixed my rconj problem, maybe this will help you. In ConsoleOne open your SSL CertificateDNS object and look under the Certificate tab. Mine did not have a certificate.

I ran pkidiag and once in this program put it in fix mode and it created the certificates. Once this was done I unloaded rconag6 and reloaded it. I was then able to connect.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back