Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCF vs. TFN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelcoMan697

Technical User
Aug 22, 2007
US
My company has around 600 numbers that are currently RCF'd to our major call centers. These numbers are used so our customers have a local number to dial to reach us, but are RCF'd our larger CC facilities.

We are looking for a way to cut costs and better manage these lines as the company grows. Does anyone know of a more cost effective way to do this? Would pointing it at a TFN and routing that to CC be a better alternative?

Our small sites use Nortel NorStars & BCMs. Our call centers use Nortel CS-1000s with SCCS or CCM.

What costs are you trying to cut? The RCFs, the INWATS, the call time??

....JIM....

Why not get a National toll free number??? Then start advertising that number along with providing it to your customers. Your provider should be able to provide stats on the amount of calls to each current local number which will allow you to monitor when to phase out the local numbers.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I don't think that pointing the local numbers to the TFN will cut costs either, because you still need the local numbers to be there in the first place. To cut the costs, your customers will have to start using the new TFN.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Do the National Toll Free Number and save big time. Than you can get call records of where your calls are coming from. If you are using a national carrier for your voice services you should be able to save more and if you have dedicated serive (PRI/T-1) you save again.

How do you dial between sites? If you use that same carrier and their dedicated you cost per call can be sub cheap. If bundle all those services under one carrier natioal wide, I would start taking a rise.

I cleaned up a customer that had a set up like yours and saved them thousands.

And if you are using Nortel PBX, you can have the toll free provider send a specific DNIS digits, like lets say 2900, make 2900 a CDN (control DN) and you can change where the CDN points on the fly. I had 3 call centers for the unemployment office networked, 14 PRI's to each center, and could route traffic from any of the 3 to the other 2. We even do percentage allocation based on teh number of staff at the other 2 locations. This could be re-routed on the fly anytime, and works flawlessly I might add. Our toll free provider is X5 technologies. Not sure whee you are located, but you might want to look them up and see what they can do for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back