Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCF to Blackberry phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2007
US
Working on a customer with a Definity R9 when they put their extension in remote call forward to cell works great EXCEPT to Blackberry phones. Caller hears 10-20 seconds dead air and then a ring back and straight to mail. We have tested this extensively and it only happens with Blackberry cell phones. Verizon claims it is a pbx issue. These are trunk to trunk transfer calls coming in via DID. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a few BB devices that call forwarded to from both RCF and EC500 - the only issue I have is if you answer the call on an ec500 STRAIGHT away it disconnects, you have to wait a few seconds for the call to begin ringing(?) I'm presuming it's some GSM propagation issue? Still working on though - it's possible its a related problem?

Cheers,
NJ

PS: Please let me know if my advice has been of any use.

I have Blackberry phones that are working with no problem both ways. EC500 and Call forward. Call forward is working via access code as well as telecommuter. My BB carrier is TMobile (We call them Tmumble) Thats another post in another forum.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Are the phones being forwarded or is this EC500? Also have you done a list trace on the trunk to see where the call is being terminated?

I noticed something similar when my firm moved our T-Mobile cell phone numbers from a Motorola Razr to 8700G BB's. The EC500 does not work anywhere near as well. Sometimes the calls ring the BB and sometimes they don't.

We did a list trace on the trunk to see where the call is being terminated and it looks no different than any other cell phone. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back