Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCC User Password Must be Reset After Every Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldestgeek

Technical User
Oct 23, 2008
US
I have installed RCC on a new Windows 7 PC and downloaded call records from the BCM450 R6. The reporting works flawlessly until the host computer needs to be rebooted. After a reboot, the SQL reporting service fails to restart due to a login error. I follow the Avaya 24-step procedure to delete the user, rebuild the encryption keys, and reset the registry keys and then I can restart the service. I can also just go to the SQL Reporting Service, click on the log on tab, and enter the correct password, then restart the service. This happens every time I need to reboot. For some reason the password stored in the reporting service "log on" tab is either resetting with each reboot or is getting corrupted. Anyone seen this before?

Have you done the modification whereby you need to assign one of the services to be started with a local admin account?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Firebird Scrambler, I changed the SQL reporting service to be started by the local admin account. I still had to reset the password after each reboot so I changed it back to the SQLUSR_RS account. Do you have the procedure to correctly make the modification? I may not have done it correctly. I've not had this happen on an XP host and this is the first Windows 7 that I've loaded.

Firebird Scrambler, is the procedure you mentioned in the Avaya solutions or in the troubleshooting guide? Thanks.

Hello,

The SQLUSR_RS account was introduced in RCC5.0. Was it retroactively added to later builds of RCC2.6? I'm not sure.
Anyway, this windows account doesn't actually have to be a local administrator. Any user must belong to the following groups:
1) SQLServer2005MSSQLUser$[COMPUTER_NAME]$RCCSQLEXPR
2) SQLServer2005ReportServerUser$[COMPUTER_NAME]$RCCSQLEXPR

These groups allow SQL Server's Reporting Services to be used without the need of a Windows User with administrative privileges. Normally (i.e. without network administration) these two groups are automatically added to local administrator accounts.
If your SQLUSR_RS already belongs to these groups, there is something wrong with either
* SQL Server - the two above groups are installed and used internally by it,
* Network privileges set by Network Administrators

Firebird Scrambler, I tried to open the file you linked but I get the message that is invalid or corrupt. I'm on the road right now but will try to download using another computer next week when I return. Thank you.

Quirkafleeg, Thank you as well for responding. I did insure that the SQLUSR_RS user had membership in bothe groups, 1) SQLServer2005MSSQLUser$[COMPUTER_NAME]$RCCSQLEXPR and
2) SQLServer2005ReportServerUser$[COMPUTER_NAME]$RCCSQLEXPR.

That user is set up as a local account and is not setup on the customer's AD. Strangely, the reporting service can be manially restarted after resetting the password but shen the machine is rebootethe procedure has to be performed again.

Firebird Scrambler, can you advise me which service needs to be assigned to be started by a local admin account? I can't unzip the document you linked. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back