Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCC shortcut

Status
Not open for further replies.

snwren

Technical User
Dec 14, 2009
We have a couple of workstations that were set up with access to RCC when our system was installed. We have a new supervisor that also needs access to RCC, but when I try to use the same internet shortcut on her workstation, I get the "page can't be displayed" error. Is there something additional I need to do to get it to work?

Can you Ping the server that has the RCC loaded on it?

can the others still access the RCC from there PC.

If not try and reboot RCC PC.

pccal and snowman50 - yes and yes.

Our web site in the browser needs to have the /rcc at the end of the ip address.

is how it should look in the browser.

substitute 10.0.1.203 with your rcc server ip address.

Thank you usfloors, but it is already set up that way. I just took the exact URL from my shortcut and tried it on another workstation, but for some reason, it just won't open. [ponder]

Try turning off the firewall on that new PC.

Also check that the PC is not setup to use a proxy server.

Are you using an IP address or a computer name to connect?

go to a cmd prompt on the PC you are having trouble with and type in
telnet (your rcc server ip address) 80

like this. telnet 10.0.1.203 80

it should connect and clear the screen (no text). hit the enter key a couple times and see if it spits this out below.

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 20:13:08 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 87

<html><head><title>Error</title></head><body>The parameter is incorrect. </body>
</html>

Connection to host lost.

This will tell you if it's network or browser related. If it can't connect, then it's network or firewall related, if you get the above messages, then you are connecting and it is a browser issue.

Thank you all for your suggestions, but I finally got it figured out. The installers put the phone system on its own network, so I just had to add an additional IP address to the PC. [ponytails]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back