Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCC Report Viewer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablonhd

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2010
CA
thread1361-1583177

I have a the same problem described in the above thread on my BCM400 reporting. I can access the raw data but the report viewer displays the following error:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot create a connection to data source 'DSNortel'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.

Help?

Look for a shortcut to IVU (Install Verification Utility) on the RCC web host PC desktop and launch it.
If it finds errors it should give you an option to fix them.

Did you mess with your SQL settings at all?

-SD-

The utility returns no errors. The raw data is still accessable as a CSV. The problem seems isoloated to the reporting services.

Earlier we were getting encryption key errors and no data was accessable.

what report are you viewing, I have one agent report that if I try and pic 1 sillset to report on I get that error, if I choose all skillsets it comes up fine.

I have two skill sets all reports generate this error.

Can somebody let me know if they have a Data Sources (ODBC) connection configured on thier system.

I only have a system DSN call celled RCC2. I am wondering if a DSN go deleted.

back up your database then try the following:
Programs> MS SQL 2005>Config. Tools>Reporting Services Configuration; Select CONNECT; Select Report Server Virtual Directory; check "Apply Default Settings" Apply.
Exit and try to run reports.

This most common occurrances of this is when the symmetric key has been deleted.

You can usually fix it with a simple setting of a few registry values and re-running the DBI (Database Installer).

That would bypass database re-creation, but redeploy the reports - thus re-creating the DSNortel data source. The DSNortel data source is the connection to SQL Server. If it is missing or incorrect, then the reports cannot communicate with the RCC database... hence the error.

Alternatively, you have to manually edit the DSNortel data source through the Reports$RCCSQLEXPR website.

If you need that info, I will provide it - assuming you haven't done a reinstall!

Quirkafleeg
I would appreciate getting the information about the symmetric key and editing the DSNortel data source

I have a same issue on BCM400. Did you guys had any luck resolving the issue

Reports can not be viewed but they come out to the printer correctly. Below is a error we get

• The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled) (rsRPCError) Get Online Help
o For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

I ended up doing a complete reinstall to correct. Aggrevating to say the least.

I'm sure I've posted complete solution to this before, without reinstalling everything. If anyone needs it, I wrote "Guide to repairing a BCM RCC Server with Symmetric key SQL 2005 failures.doc". Alas it includes the sa password, so I cannot just post it. However I'm sure I can send this on a one to one. Plus Dave B (firebird scrambler) has a copy based on my original doc.

pkellow
Any chance of getting the "Guide to repairing a BCM RCC Server with Symmetric key SQL 2005 failures.doc" from you. would really appreciate it.

@pkellow
Hi pkellow! Anyway to get the SA Password? That is the only part I am missing to be able to get our RCC Web reporting back up and running. Please let me know if you can email it to me or how I can go about obtaining it?

My next email is to our maintenance vendor but I thought I would see if I could do it w/o them. Let me know! Thanks!

Mindy Fox
Mindysterling@gmail.com

Hi, I also have the same problem on a BCM400 system running the latest version of RCC. Could you please help me with your solution?

Many thanks,
Radu.

my email address is stokerel [at] hotmail [dot] com

Hello Guys

I've read the thread and number of replies. Please don't leave your email address on this web site. I'll see what can be done.

Ok - If you have the same problem as the original poster (DSNortel not initialized), the following should work:

1) Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nortel Networks\Reporting for Contact Center\Settings
2) Change the following values
CCRDBInstalled = 0
CCCRDBInstallProgress = 5
CCRDBUpgrade = 0
3) Run CCRDBInstaller from RCC's Utils directory.

This will recreate the data source and redeploy all the reports. If this does not work, then the underlying problem is more cmoplex and may require proper support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back