Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCC .ASP errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellamoet

MIS
Aug 24, 2005
CA
Hi All,

I have Reporting for Call Center running on a Call Pilot platform, with the RCC server residing on a Windows XP Pro SP3 machine. The reporting server worked like a charm for 6 months or so, at which point it developed a .ASP error when trying to view reports.

Error Type:
Active Server Pages, ASP 0115
A trappable error occured in an external object.
The script cannot continue running.
/rcc/report_pages/answered_report.asp

This problem can be resolved with a RCC server reboot, but will return with 20 minutes to 3 hours.

I do not have the DBFIXUTIL that everyone seems to be talking about with this version of RCC.

So far I have removed RCC, the RCC server, IIS, java, MYSQL and have removed all the leftover folders with data in them (MYSQL, Program Files/Nortel/RCC, etc.) and reinstalled.

When I reinstalled I could only pull that day's call information back off the Call Pilot, it would not poll any historical info. I ended up migrating the old database (which I kept a copy of) back into the MYSQL data directory to maintain the old info. The RCC server continued to poll data, and everything was cool.

Until 1 hour later when the exact same problem occured.

HELP! I can't find any info on this error elsewhere, has anyone else been able to resolve this?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Curlycord,

Thanks for the tip, but I have already tried to access the dbfix util, and it is not present in the installation of RCC that I have installed.

Just for laughs I called Nortel to see if I could get some support. They said they would be happy to open a service call for me, all they required was a credit card with a preauthorized $10,000 limit on it. Support is billed out at $600/hr, with a minimum of 2 hours. Insanity! Gotta love a company under bankruptcy protection, looking for bailout $$ from Canadian taxpayers who are unwilling to open up a support product line where anyone can call and get tech support for a reasonable fee. People would be lining up to get support from Nortel if they "only" had to pay a few hundred dollars for some quality solutions, but a minimum $1200 fee for some basic support on their shitty software ensures that no sane person would take that option.

Rant over. Thanks for your help!!

Hi Curlycord,
I notice you are in Ontario. Are you available for onsite tech support in the Burlington/Oakville area? If so I would be interested in contracting your services.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back