Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

raw tape eject command

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovebrd

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2000
US

I am looking for a raw tape eject command for a SCSI dds3 tape drive. I have a tape that will not eject. Is there a tar command that will force and eject ?

[sig]<p>-Danny<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

There's nothing in tar itself to eject the tape, but you could try using the &quot;u&quot; device for the tape drive. For example, say the tape device is &quot;/dev/rmt/c0b0t4l0&quot;, you should also find that there is a &quot;/dev/rmt/c0b0t4l0u&quot;. The &quot;u&quot; if for &quot;unload&quot;, and it ejects the tape when tar, cpio, or whatever, has finished.

If it doesn't work, then it this feature is probably not supported by the tape driver that is being used.
[sig]<p> Andy Bold<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>"I've probably made most of the mistakes already, so hopefully you won't have to..." Me, most days.[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back