Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rath Microtech smartphone 2 hangs up after called party answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

topazdemon

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2012
US
I read on the troubleshooting tips web page that this could indicate a bad mic, but it doesn't seem to be bad. Has anyone had any other experience with this model hanging up immediately when the called party answers?

Thanks

This the site you checked?

Problem: When the emergency button is pushed, the called party answers but the phone hangs-up immediately.

Things to check:

• If a loud hum is heard after the called party answered, the microphone is likely bad.

The mic will need to be replaced
• If SoundNet is enabled on the phone but it is not calling SoundNet, the phone will hang up.

So you think its not bad mic but is there a hum?, I would call there support line.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

What back end is it connected to (not at all familiar with this kit)
If it is an IP system, sounds like classic RTP blocked port issue

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Connected to an AudioCodes MPX-118 unit connected to a mitel 3300 backend. I'm working with the vendor to troubleshoot the hardware now.

I took a second phone from an elevator that worked and swapped it in. Same issue, so I'm definitely leaning toward the MPX/Phone system side on this one.

MPX-118?

Not familiar with that (do you mean an MP-118 FXS?)
Certainly sounds like an RTP issue (SIP messages getting through, but then no audio).
Any firewalls in the way? If so, this would be a good port of call (ports getting blocked / being NAT'd)
Check your RTP port range is set to the same range as the switch.
Check your codecs, You can't go wrong with G711a / u.

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Yes MP-11x FXS, in this case it is an 8 port

The weird thing is that I get about 2 seconds of audio "hello front de-" then the device hangs up.

No firewalls in the way.

I will verify the codecs, but I'm pretty sure they are all G711.

Thanks,

This issue was resolved by replacing the smartphone 2 with the latest version smartphone 6. One of the downed phones had a minor issue in the system, but it was not related to the overall failure(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back