Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rastracker - Ras hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZKLTSO

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
GB
I have three Ras Servers running Windows 2000 with SP3. Two use a DIGI DATAFIRE 30 and one uses an EICON PRI.
On occasions the Ras Service appears to hang. When dialling
in the response is "engaged"
Originally, my solution was to disconnect the isdn line and reconnect but i have since found that stopping and starting
Rastracker resolves the problem.
An error in the NT Event Viewer displays

An error occured. Transaction failed on Accept/Connection.
Bad response from RasTracker Service error 183

I have a call logged with the company who produce the product but they are struggling to reproduce the problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated

I am having the same issue. RAStracker will not stay running. Have you also looked to see if you are generating any stats. I am not and was wondering if this is a common issue to what you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Joel

I have Rastracker switched off on the three servers at the moment because they were hanging that often, customers were complaining. With Rastracker service stopped, Ras is fine with no problems. Obviously, I am getting no stats at the moment but we have had monthly report in the past which appeared ok.
What I need is some kind of task which checks if the system is ok or not and then automatically stops/starts rastracker.
I am currently looking at RasSvrmon to see if I can use this to restart Rastracker in some way

my RASTracker service will not even stay running. Every time I go into the services control panel it is stopped. Starts fine w/o errors.

This is whats in the event log:

An error occured: Transaction failed on AcceptConnection. Bad response from the RasTracker Service.

So far I'm not too thrilled with the Eval copy of RasTracker. Nothing works except for looking at who's currently logged in :)

Have you got a Domain Admin id allocated to the Rastracker Service Account ?
I created one called Rastrack. I don't think you need Domain Admin as such but it must have access to write to
the RASTRACK directory (shared as RT_NT_DB)

I like the product - what we use it for mainly is to chop connections after a certain length of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back