Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAS 9 and Oracle driver dll error

Status
Not open for further replies.

chlasg

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
DE
Hello,

I have a problem running my reports against an Oracle Database using the RAS delivered with CR9 Developer Edition.
The sample reports work fine, so I don't think there is a general Problem, but when I want to open a self-made report which acesses the Database I get a message thet the 'crdb_oracle.dll' could not be loaded.
The dll is there and even in the path. The Oracle Client is installed and other Applications using it work fine.

Has anyone had a similar behavior and any suggestions?

Thanx
Carsten

Are you connecting via the native link which comes with Crystal Reports 9? If so, are you connecting to any other data sources as the native link has a problem when linking to multiple data sources.
Is the database setup on the oracle client Names?

Try using ODBC connection and see if you get the same problem.

I have used CR9 with oracle, connecting natively and via ODBC and not had problems. Reebo
Scotland (Going mad in the mist!)

Hi again,

we figured it out, somehow.

It seems to be a problem with our standard workstation setup.
I installed a fresh and new NT Server without any extras (like MS Office or the Novell Client) and it worked out of the box.

If ind out the component wich causes the trouble I will post it here.

Thanx so far.
Carsten

chlasg,

Did you ever find the component causing the problem? I am running into the exact same situation.

CTAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back