Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raptor Mobile Connection Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hami25

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
GB
I am attempting to set up a Vodafone remote access card to use the VPN to dial into a network using a windows 2000 laptop. Using a freeserve dial up account this works with no problems at all but with the Vodafone card although the tunnel connects I cannot ping anything on the network. Not even the internal interface of the card. Any ideas? I have compared the settings between the Vodafone settings and the freeserve ones and they are the same.

Well, I know nothing about that specific card. Make sure they allow IP types over it. The RM uses udp 500 to connect. After that there is no more TCP, or UDP communication.. The ping is sent via ip type 50, or 51.

If your device does not allow this, it will never work.

Next, if the device DOES allow this type of traffic, this is an exelent time to capture Log files, and a sniff of the traffic ( A la TCPDUMP courtesy of Symantec Corp. ) When you capture the packets (Traping the traffic) that should tell you what is happening. Then it should be easy from there.. (Remember I said should.. not will)

Hi,

have u solved the problem with the symantec enterprise client and the vodafone GPRS card;
I've the same problem;

thanks
oliver

Its a problem with the Symantec software. Apparently it was designed in the US where they do not have GPRS so it wasn't developed to work with it. We have been told that version 8 of Symantec Enterprise Firewall is to be released in the early part of 2004 and that it will work with GPRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back