Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ranking By Percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKirksgirl

Technical User
Feb 22, 2001
US
I have a report in which I need to give a 1,2,3....etc ranking based on a percentage of a total.

My report looks similar to this:

Florida Ranking State is Group1
Northwest 65% 4 Region is Group2
Southeast 72% 2
Northeast 43% 5
Georgia
Augusta 75% 1
Savannah 34% 6
Middle GA 68% 3

As you see regardless of the grouping, I need to rank for all regions for group2 based on the highest percentage being 1 and so on whether the state is the same or not.

My percentage is calculated by taking the number of purchase lns and the number of refinance loans and getting a percentage of the total of purchase loans.

Example:
Purchases 97
Refinances 273
Total 370

Percentage of purchases would be 26%.

I have looked at the running total scenario and the group number stuff and cannot figure this one out. The percentage formulas do not present themselves when trying to do a count as a running total.

If you can create this summary on the detail level and then do this percent as an insert summary percent option you can then use the Top/N to sort the report by this percent summary.

I just tried this in 8.5 and it works well. Christine
Crystal Training and Consulting
crosenbaum@Strafford.com

Can you illustrate that a bit? I'm trying a few things but I'm not sure that I am following you or maybe you don't understand what I need.

The ranking I am doing is at the group 5 level by Production Center, however, the ranking has to be overall. Meaning 1 and 2 could be in separate regions.

We have regions (FL, GA, TN, VA
then production centers in each region

Thanks!
800-382-2111 x32637

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back