Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random night service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinos

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
BW
Hi all.
I have a 3300 that randomly goes into night service. Any logs or maintenance commands that can be used to see what's causing the night service on the mivb console?
Thank you.

does the system have a Mivoice business or 5550 console

if thats out of service it puts its tenant into Night1
the device setting default tenant night switch should show in the normal maintenance logs

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thank you for the response.
I get a log as below:
SYSTEM SERVICE: Dept 0 now in NIGHT 1 Service. Reason: 1 Dialed by device 4000.
4000 is MIVB console. When it says "Dialed by" what action would have been taken on the console?

What kind of console - is is 5550 or mivoice business ?
on toolbar night makes operator absent adn changes the tenant of the console into night 1
shutting down the program does teh same thing

with 5550 i think disconnecting the headset also does that
looks like Mivoice business console disconnect USB headset has the same effect

if you want to stop the console doing this - put it into a tenenat by itself
use buttons on phone to set night switch instead

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

It is a Mivoice business console and not 5550. I would like to know why the console is going into night service and resolve.

Could be the audio device (headset) being disconnected - if there is no audio device available, and it's the last console connected, then it will switch into night service.

Or do you see the console losing connectivity in the logs? Somethine like 'ICP has lost contact with...' and the console details. If so, there may be network connectivity issues (QoS not set up correctly?).

my bet is that the operator puts the console on night by accident.

same happens with our hospital mivb consoles once a year...

MiVB Console and 5550 Console works the same way, will not turn to Day mode if there's no headset connected.
Or if the headset is unplugged, will auto switched to Night Mode.

The best way to get around this as @Billz66 has said, create a new tenant, make the Night Service Leader to be the tenant itself, and assign the Console to this.
Allow Permission to all other tenants and vise versa. This will make sure if the console goes to Night Service accidentally, the system remains in Day Mode.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Hi all
Thank you for the responses. It is required that the service modes of the console be manually controlled and not be left to randomly switch. When in night service 1 calls for the console have a different destination and so is night 2.
Putting the console in its own partition will still have the same challenge that when it randomly changes mode calls for the console will be misdirected.

Hi @Tinos

At least if the consoles are in their own tenant, the whole system is not affected when the console goes into Night Mode.
Note that the system mode by default follows the mode in which the console is on. The only way to go around this is through tenanting.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back