Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random Linksys Breakage

Status
Not open for further replies.

royourboat

Technical User
Mar 31, 2007
CA
Hi, i've been using the WRT54G wireless modem for a long time... ironically, not using the wireless part. my computer is hooked up to it, and my rogers cable modem as the internet. The rogers cable modem is broken cuz if i hook that up to my computer directly it works fine. however if i use the linksys, it doesn't work

msn live messenger says (troubleshoot checker) says:
DNS
KeyPorts

and i have a firewall/proxy problem... now this problem happened randomly and iv'e been using it for 2 years. the firmware is up to date, and i don't use firewall or a proxy.
I tried doing everything on the linksys site at 192.168.1.1:
-reset linksys
-set MAC to ur PC
-reset the ip/whatever in STATUS section

I think everything is connected and the linksys is fine, but something is stopping the internet. i look at Network connections and it says that both the linksys and rogers modem are online and connected... iunno what's wrong, any ideas?

sorry for the reply to my own thread but the WRT54G is Version 4

thanks

WRT54G is not a modem, but a router. Perhaps it would save you some time if you treated it as a router only. It looks like you are not familiar with the subject. It would be very difficult to arrange a training on this site, so my advice would be that you find someone from your neighborhood who is familiar with the subject and answer your questions.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back