Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random letters on 5610

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicka29

Technical User
Apr 6, 2009
GB
Hi
A couple of months ago i did an upgrade on 2 system to 8.044 which bought up random letters on the 5610 LCD screen.

I reported it to Avaya and run some tests but eventually they asked for wireshark traces to the phone. unfortunately because of the nature of the 2 companies buisness their IT guys wouldn't allow me to do these because calls can be captured in the wireshark.

I just wondered if anyone else have had this problem and by upgrading to 8.1 the letters disappeared

Thanks in advance

Nick

I suppose they insist that the garage change their tyres without letting them take the wheels off too hey :)

This is a known issue - IPOFFICE-34282 Extra characters in display of 46xx Phones

There is a PB available for this issue - 8.0(462702) - It's fixed the issue on my two sites.

The fix will be incorporated into the 4Q 2012 8.0 & 8.1 Maintenance Releases. If I was you I would raise a ticket with Avaya and request the PB.

no need to open a ticket with Avaya if you can't give them traces because they might just not give you the time of day then.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Brilliant thanks

I'll see if Westcon can get this software for me

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back