Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random IRC on Win2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoles

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2003
US
Since installing Websense, we have noticed that one of our Win2000 Server machines is sending out random IRC connection requests. We have blocked IRC through Websense, but the server continues to try - sometimes 5 or 6 times a day, sometimes 4 or 5 times that. We are running Windows Server 2000 SP4, Exchange Server 2000 SP3, Symantec Mail Security Server. There is nothing else running on this machine - no file serving, no application serving, users do not have access to any shares on this machine. Symantec does not find anything virus-wise, but it seems to me that there must be something there. I've checked all of the running processes and they all check out as valid processes against other servers we have running. There is nothing in the startup or in the 'Run'. Anyone have any idea how to track this down?

Thanks,
Randy

Maybe calling Symantec Tech Support might help ?????

ps where r my business cards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back