Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random Frames ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milk

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
US
I've got a site up that works fine (most of the time) but every once in a while the links to it freak out and go to the wrong frames (completely random ones it seems). It does this for about 15-20 clicks of it acting strange it goes back to normal and works fine. And it skips the stop commands randomly as well I believe (the thing hasn't happened lately so I can't remember.. although I'm pretty sure about it skipping them too). I can only guess the action script is messed up but besides putting in what frames it's supposed to go to I don't get what else I would need to add....

If anybody has any thoughts please yell em at me,
Postal

hi

Sometimes weird random activity can be associated with the movie not being fully loaded, I've experienced this before during testing. But that's not to say there may be another problem.

What is the coding on the button(s)?

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

Just to go to the frames. I think your probably right about it being not fully loaded though..... I don't even have a preloader on the thing.. ;( I'm basically new at this stuff. Any good reading material on the web for action scripting? I've seen tons of things people have done with their sites and mine works pretty much like a normal webpage so far and to say the least I don't like it.

Thanks for your help by the way,
Jeremy

I forgot... coding on the buttons is all the same with the exception of 2 html links, "gotoandplay" and then on each of the frames I have the "stop" command (just changed the buttons to "gotoAndStop" after I noticed how dumb that was).

Thnx for the help.

I'll probably be back later asking for ideas. I've got some but my animation skills are pretty sorry so far.

Jeremy

ATLsquad.com (try and ignore the forum, it's not the nicest place in the world)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back