Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random Email Alerts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
I have had this happen on two seperate occasions, two different customers, on two different versions. One 3.2(}54) and one 3.2(55). Both 406 v2.

I get 100 to 150 emails saying that every extension is being unplugged and plugged back in like 3 times with in 5 minutes. Then everything seems to be ok. I know it is not loosing power, but i do know that the red light comes one for a brief second before getting the emails.

On the 3.2(55) systems, i still get an email probably once or twice a day that the same phone is being unplugged and plugged back in.
The 3.2(55) is on a DS16 and the 3.2(54) is a DS30, with the correct power supply.

It sounds to me like the DS module is rebooting. Maybe something plugged in that is not supposed to be. Ihave had that happen and they go red. Then one by one unplug untill you find the one that is the cause.

I have this on SOE!
On two different locations!
I have SOE with 2 ISDN BRI, 4 analog trunks, 6 DS, 4 analog and 1 IP phone, version 4.0. The same happened when they were on 3.2 version sw.

I've changed the complete unit, erased config with AT commands, changed all phones, but nothing helped.

Does anyone else have any more idea, because I don't?!?!?!

so kwing, ar you saying that something else besides a phone might be plugged somewhere into that DS module?

the 3.2(54)site did happen to see a red light one time

Thats what i meant. i have seen analog devices cause this and old phones make it happen. Try unplugging every port that is not active and see if the problem goes away.

no, sorry i actually went out of country to a remote area and did not have internet access so i couldnt respond or post anything. But over that last week i probably got 20 emails and they are all from one extension coming unplugged.

As kwing112000 says, there is a DS port plugged into a network card or analog phone somewhere most likely.
Customers patch things themselves sometimes and the network card is most likely scenario for making the DS module reset. It'l be a desk that doesn't get used much or something random.!

well, it cant be a plugged into a network card because the extension that keeps going on and off has someone using that phone. I changed ports yesterday, i think it is just a bad port on the DS module. I havent got an email on that ext yet, so cross your fingers.

As for the modules rebooting, i havent had that happen again, so i assume that something else got plugged in.

I have a new installation
IPO SOE 4.0(5)
3 BRI
3 analog trunks
4 analog phones
8 DS phones

every phone is pluged into correct port

And I still get random alerts?!?!

bugger. mmmm Quite right... if it's a real user givin jip then it won't be a network card?
It's not a dodgy power supply on the DS module is it?
We had a module that only let the phones on the left side of the unit work (DS30) turned out to be the power supply not giving all that it shoulda.

I don't have DS expansion module
So, that is not problem in my case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back